JFCS Insider: This Week at JFCS
• Last week’s Special Needs sponsored Bark Mitzvah was a wonderful success. Approximately 50 people and a dozen happy dogs came out for a lovely and delicious spring picnic. The dogs ranged in size, age and energy level. All were friendly and lovable. Many thanks to Suzanne Fox and Nina Staiman for leading this innovative program and to the outstanding team of colleagues who helped to ensure the evening’s success.
• The Project SARAH Lay Committee will be meeting again on Tuesday night on a mission to address our domestic violence service delivery and to roll out a successful marketing campaign this fall. You will find interesting domestic violence factoids appearing in my Voice column starting later this month as a primer.
• This Wednesday, the Jewish Federation will be leading a Mini Mission to tour several agencies within the Jewish campus community. Aspiring lay leaders look forward to their stop at our food pantry where they will learn about issues of food insecurity and the numerous ways that JFCS assists the South Jersey region.
• Our new board members enjoyed an evening orientation at the home of Ruth Manin last Thursday night. Sue Meklinsky, Jason Wolf, Debbie Ravitz, Michael Weinberg, and Missy Wayne joined their board appointed mentors along with Mark Shapiro, Hope Morgan and me for this casual yet informative training session. This new cadre of leaders is exceptional and has a tremendous amount to offer. Each have signed up for committees and is raring to go!
• Reminder: Our next Staff Happy Hour will be on Wednesday June 26th at 5:00ish at The Chophouse in Voorhees. Come out for a relaxing evening and time to chat outside of the office.