On Wednesday, the Jewish community celebrates Tu b’Shevat. This special day is also known as the Jewish Arbor Day. For me, Tu b’Shevat always serves as a reminder that spring will be coming soon. The thought of trees with green leaves and potted flowers on the patio enter my mind and bring some warmth to the coldest days in our calendar. I hope that you, too, will enjoy the holiday – perhaps by planting a tree in Israel through Jewish National Fund or by thinking about your spring time gardening plans. In any case, Tu b’Shevat is surely a reminder that the earth is a precious gift that we should appreciate, sustain and take care of . . . much like the clients that we care for through JFCS.
Highlights to Share
- STEPPING OUT COUNTDOWN – Only 19 days left – to buy your tickets and invite your friends! Hi Ho Silver Away!
- On January 22nd, JFCS hosted the South Jersey Pediatric Networking Group. 35 members of the group including physicians, nurses, and health and human services professionals attended the meeting. This group includes over 300 pediatric provides of health, education and social services who share a goal of networking and resource sharing. Members of the JFCS team and the JCC early childhood and camp staff presented on the numerous resources that we offer children. Many thanks to Sandy Kabel for organizing this visit.
- Join the Chai Can Challenge with JFCS! During the next 36 days, the agency is encouraging friends in the community to collect a minimum of 18 cans per household to be dropped off during our Purim Food Sort on March 8th at the JFED Annex. The idea is to collect (cans), drop off (at our food sort) and share (spread the word).
- Staff Happy Hour will be this Thursday February 5th at 5:30pm at Kaminski’s. Join us for some laughs, great apps and awesome company!
- The Annual TOPS and ACHAD Art Show Reception will take place on Wednesday February 11th at 6pm in the JCC Art Gallery in honor of Jewish Disabilities Awareness Month. Check out the festivities! Refreshments will be served and tote bags featuring works by the artists will be available for purchase.